Elected to the Cuban Baseball Hall of Fame in 1939, Royer played for Habana, Habanista, Cuba, Cubano, Almendares and Fe during 18 seasons from 1890-1911.
But his biggest impact came during his 15 seasons as a pitcher while compiling a 90-43 record.
According to Who's Who in Cuban Baseball: 1878-1961, Royer (shown in this 1909 Cabañas card) ranks second career complete games (118) and third in winning percentage (.677).
Jorge S. Figueredo's book also lists numerous Cuban League record held by Royer, including:
- Most consecutive games won (17) in a season (1902).
- Most consecutive games won (20) in two seasons (1902-03).
- Most games won (38) in two consecutive seasons (1902-03).
- Most games won (51) in three consecutive seasons (1902-04).
- Most games in (63) in four consecutive seasons (1901-04).
- Most consecutive complete games (33) in a season (1903).
- Tied for most victories (21) in a season (1903).